You don't know me...

My photo
[North Yorkshire / Massachusetts]
I don't know how you got here. I truly don't. 20 y/o. Female. Sagittarius. Avid film fan to an almost rabid degree. Serious bookworm. Science fiction aficionado. Cult television follower. Aspiring author. Oddly vague. Capslock over-user.

Monday, 20 August 2012

STATE SIDE

Guess who's back...


First photo I took in Boston, MA.

Oh yeah. I made it State-side! Look! Old South Meeting House. Oh yeah. I got to Boston, okay. 

I spent this last week adventuring the city (and neighbouring Salem), and am now currently in my university accommodation, typing up this post, sunburnt and aching from the surprisingly strenuous week that the university has put on for newly arrived international students. It's been a hectic weekend and, well, day - tomorrow will be the same, probably - so out of my exhaustion and slow-adjustment to life much farther from home, I won't do a BOSTON ADVENTURE TIME post just yet, until I have everything sorted out here first. 

...But here's a taste of what to expect:

  • Boston seafood is so good that CAPSLOCK ITSELF cannot convey the deliciousness...
  • I love the lobster mascot. ~♥
  • Advice on some of the best places to eat, places to venture, and tips on costs for some of the major attractions in the city.
  • Interesting finds!
  • Tips on adventurousness~
  • The best way to navigate the city! From a walker's point of view!
  • Places which are awesome and you should visit, but also advice on how to make the most of the busiest attractions - from first-hand experience, man!

So you're really tired?


Not my gif!

Guys, I am so tired. I, probably like many, had a different idea of what it'd be like to move to a different place, and Boston is a hard city to compare smaller places to, but so far so good. I've met some really nice people - fellow non-Americans, though I'm the only Brit, apparently...! - and it's really a matter of getting courses ready for next week which is the most nail-biting! I am looking forward to studying, actually. I know.  I genuinely adore Literature. People who know me know this. Poor things. But I like to have both free time and a schedule to work by - so I'm easily tired out by days full of activities and advice lectures! It's odd. I'm classed as a Junior here, which is a third-year student which I am, but I feel like I'm a first year again! But I promise you as soon as I am back to 100% - and slightly less achy! - I shall create a series of Boston advice entries as well as one which details my ever-changing transition to American university life. I swear I am still on English time... (which is approx. 5 hrs ahead if you're wondering...). My current strategy for comfortable adjustment to this new lifestyle is watching Band of Brothers for the nth time and listening to (non-stop) the epic vocals of The Decemberists. And damn it all, it does help! But thankfully, I have met some wonderfully helpful people here and so many are incredibly polite and welcoming straight away that I wish I could buy them all delicious English teas as a thank you...but there's so many people that I'd...well, I'd have no money... *moth flies out of pocket* *shrieks and runs a mile from moth* *immature phobias rear their ugly heads*

- G~

4 comments:

  1. I like how you're going to be, you know, accomplishing helpful and informative things with your blog--whereas mine is like LOL MY COTEACHER IS WEIRD AND TODAY I WENT SHOPPING.

    I look forward to reading about your adventures :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GURL. THANK YOU, BUT I LOVE-LOVE YOUR BLOG. Some of the stuff you've found and bought is amazing/beautiful/awesome! Also you take some damn good pictures! I wish I had your skills... :p

      And I look forward to continuing to read your adventures too!! :DD

      Delete
    2. Honestly--I use my iphone for taking pictures! And then use some apps to tinker with colour and saturation. I am NO PHOTOGRAPHER~

      I really liked your last entry! :D Coffee shops and accents and dialect and all that. AWW YEAH.

      Delete
    3. Haha! Thank you! I love accents anyway so being here is awesome. Also learning more about everyday American life is cool - esp. as it's not THAT dissimilar~ :p SORTA.

      Delete