You don't know me...

My photo
[North Yorkshire / Massachusetts]
I don't know how you got here. I truly don't. 20 y/o. Female. Sagittarius. Avid film fan to an almost rabid degree. Serious bookworm. Science fiction aficionado. Cult television follower. Aspiring author. Oddly vague. Capslock over-user.

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Happy Yorkshire Day!

A not-quite-so-sunny August 1st...


         Filey on a much, much sunnier day (picture taken by yours truly)
Yorkshire Day is celebrated every August 1st, with some places hosting venues to celebrate the day. Today, I am sat in the house, with the Olympics chattering away in the background, so an adventurous post this ain't.   But as a proud Northerner, I am indeed celebrating the day...if only in spirit. (For more information on the day, click here.) 

Unfortunately the weather isn't quite as pretty or as hot as it was a week or so ago when I took the above photo in Filey. I'm no photographer but it was hard to take a bad photo when the weather was that good. And when the weather is good, the countryside and coast here positively sings. So much so I just wrote positively. And sings. Oh yeah. 

Counting down...

But the first day of August for me means something a little different this year. Mostly...I LEAVE IN 12 DAYS. D: Yeah. I still need a few things beforehand though. Like a rucksack to safely carry my laptop around in - and hopefully carry a few other things besides! As I once stated on this blog, just a few posts down, I have arms like empty socks. Utterly useless. Toothpick in stature, really. So a rucksack might just save my poor weedy arms from lugging heavy hand-held bags. MAYBE. We've yet to find one which isn't crazy money. Likewise, a new suitcase in order. We're hoping for an easy-to-push four-wheeler, hard-cased. Again, these little features make suitcases so much more pricey but HOPEFULLY we'll find something. It's not too late in the day. As for packing...some clothes we'll be buying out there and the book situation has already been examined in this blog. I also bought a passport cover...and a new diary to keep track of my future classes - um, not much but it's something, right? So it's more of a waiting game now. I just need to get some final things sorted which I'm waiting for emails about but other than that... I'm counting the days! A friend of mine has already landed in Florida...so it all seems very realistic now.

But it sounds as if the US of A has all the good weather at the moment. As I glance out of the window at the grey and overcast sky...I can't help but feel a little relieved that I might get to see some summery weather at least... /can already feel the cloying humidity now...oh how I've missed it...

-G~

No comments:

Post a Comment