You don't know me...

My photo
[North Yorkshire / Massachusetts]
I don't know how you got here. I truly don't. 20 y/o. Female. Sagittarius. Avid film fan to an almost rabid degree. Serious bookworm. Science fiction aficionado. Cult television follower. Aspiring author. Oddly vague. Capslock over-user.

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Hurricane Sandy + Trip Update!

First hurricane experience...

...and thankfully not that terrifying. Granted, some parts of the US have been horrifically hit by the (somewhat oddly named) storm, so hoping everything turns out okay for them (or you, if you're in an area which has been hit hard). Here, the storm was expected to hover over us and cause some damage, but it ended up skimming us really. It caused trouble in CT but we were central enough - and inland enough - that we didn't experience much of the storm, in this part of MA. Honestly, I've seen worse days in Leeds... The storm was worrying enough that they shut the university and we were confined indoors all day (apart from the odd one or two who you would hear shrieking and holding onto their umbrellas in vain - though god knows where they were trying to go...). The uni provided packed lunches for us, as all dining services were shut early. They took it seriously which is definitely a good thing - though, most of us were just happy for any excuse to have a day off... Thankfully, the storm passed us by - but the day was very overcast and dark, and we experienced HORIZONTAL RAIN and random gusts of gale force winds which lasted a couple of seconds a time. Honestly, it was just a 'bad weather' day for us - but just north in Cambridge and Boston they experienced much more severe weather, so all things considered we were fairly lucky here in central MA. Now the weather is back to its usual overcast self...

OH LOOK WHAT DAY IT IS, TOO...

Well, it's the last day of October so...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
2SPOOKY4ME
[not my gif] 

Which means...ONLY FIVE WEEKS (sort of ) TIL THE END OF TERM OMGGGG

Christmas trip!

We now have accommodation sorted for our three days in Boston and our week in NYC! Just DC accommodation to sort out. We use the site airbnb - which I heartily recommend! - as hotels around that time of year are hella expensive, obviously. So we're travelling on a budget - as students are wont to do. Should be a fun experience! After DC, I have about ten days with nothing planned. WHAT TO DO. But Christmas is now sorted thank goodness. I'm saving trying egg nog til then. BETTER BE WORTH IT, AMERICA.

Salem trip update~

An update will emerge about Salem, MA and things you can see and do there! I will get around to writing the info posts very soon - especially as I need to remember things about Boston for my trip at Christmas! Also expect info posts on travelling, accommodation, NYC and DC too~ When I'm not being buried under books.

-G~

No comments:

Post a Comment